Audience is developer who cares about how Java EE can connect to Pg, want to know much more about JDBC and datasources concept in an EE server and how they relate to the database.
- What is EE : an introduction to java EE and applicacion servers. Example based on JBoss AS7
- What is JCA: an introduction of Java Connector Architecture standard and how it impacts server and resources connected to server (resource adapters)
- What is the JDBC resource adapter: a special case of resource adapters is JDBC (Java DataBase connection) one. Concepts on about drivers abstracting real DataBase to standard APIs
- JDBC driver deployment: how a JDBC driver is deployed and used in a Java EE server. Example based on JBoss AS7
- Datasource deployment: what is a datasource and how to deploy and use it in a Java EE server. Example based on JBoss AS7
- Monitor the datasource: how to monitor statistics of a datasource in JBoss AS7
- Other layers: Higher level layers to interact to database and Object to Relational Mapping (ORM) solutions in java EE: JPA, EJB/CMP
- Suggestions for PostgreSQ
Stefano Maestri - RedHat employee and part of JBoss AS core development team
I’m one of two people developing IronJacamar (JCA) project and integrating it in JBoss AS.